Student Matinee Program
Education sits at the core of Round House Theatre’s mission. Round House’s Student Matinee Program provides school groups with a comprehensive, exceptional theatrical arts experience through a package of opportunities designed to engage, educate, and entertain. Seeing a great play does not simply introduce students to the world of theatre; it excites curiosity, incites empathy, and encourages independent thinking, proving to be an invaluable educational tool for holistic learning in the modern world.
• Student Matinee performances begin at 10:00am
• Performances are at Round House Theatre, 4545 East-West Highway in Bethesda (one block from Wisconsin Avenue and the Bethesda Metro station)
• High school students are all offered one FREE ticket through our Free Play program, which may be applied to one of our regularly scheduled evening performances or to your group attending a Student Matinee.
• One free adult chaperone ticket for every 10 student tickets
• Study materials help teachers and students prepare for and follow up the performance
• Post-Show Discussions immediately follow every Student Matinee performance
• All attendees will need to wear a mask at all times inside Round House Theatre facilities.
2021-2022 Fall Student Matinee Schedule
By Octavio Solis
Directed by Lisa Portes
Wednesday, Sep 22 at 10:00am
Wednesday, Sep 29 at 10:00am
The Great Leap
By Lauren Yee
Directed by Jennifer Chang
Wednesday, Dec 1 at 10:00am
By Natasha Gordon
Directed by Timothy Douglas
Wednesday, Jan 19 at 10:00am
Wednesday, Jan 26 at 10:00am
For more information contact Round House Theatre Education at 301-585-1225 or email Education@RoundHouseTheatre.org and include your name, contact information and school, and preferred date. Registrations are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Registrations are not final until they have been confirmed via contract.