Let your imagination be your guide as you embark on fantastic adventures!
Destinations is a theatre arts camp fueled by the imaginations of our students. Budding artists participate daily in acting, design, and movement. Each afternoon students then apply their new skills and their own imaginations to create theatrical adventures. At the end of each week, we welcome family to join us for a celebratory sharing of our favorite experiences and creations.
Each session features a different theme–from Magical Kingdoms to Animation Adventures–inviting students to unique and exciting experiences week after week. Students can attend multiple sessions and will never visit the same place twice!
“I love how the programs tie art, storytelling, and culture together.” RHT parent
“We loved the incorporation of design—my students can’t get that experience anywhere else.” RHT Parent
“I appreciate the fact that a child is encouraged to use imagination and creativity while having fun.” RHT parent
“My daughter really enjoyed the opportunity to create, in that not everything was adult-directed and tightly structured.” RHT parent
A Day of Destinations might include students watching an age-appropriate video about the Great Barrier Reef, then heading to a design class where they imagine, plan, and create their own jellyfish and fish puppets. It could continue with a movement class that explores how to move as an ensemble while embodying different sea creatures. A session in acting could lead students through creating characters who interact with the very puppets they created earlier in the day. An afternoon playmaking session brings it all together, when students create their own adventurous day for young jellyfish in the reef using blacklights and a background they paint themselves, and then sharing their play with their friends from another class. The day includes several snack and rest breaks, as well as other less-structured time.
Mon – Fri • 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Aftercare availlable from 4:00 pm -6:00 pm)
$350 per one week session
Round House Theatre Education Center, Silver Spring, MD
- Safety/Covid policies: Round House Theatre Education will continue to follow best practices based upon the guidance of MD Department of Health, the CDC. and the American Camp Association. ALL CAMPERS 5 AND ABOVE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE UP TO DATE COVID VACCINATIONS IN ORDER TO ATTEND CAMP.
- Teaching Artists: Destinations teaching artists have a passion for education and the art of theatre. All our teachers receive thorough background checks, are vaccinated against Covid-19, and are first aid & CPR certified.
- Lunch and Snacks: Students should bring a packed lunch and snack.
- Students with Unique Needs: Round House Education works hard to make camp accessible and available to all students. If you have questions about the program or its ability to meet your student’s unique needs, please call 301.585.1225 to speak to our Program Manager.
- Scholarships: Need based scholarships are available. Please contact us for an application.
- Refund Policy: A full refund will be made when a program is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment. A full refund, minus a $25 processing fee is available if the participant is withdrawn at least 30 days prior to the start date of the program. A 50% refund is available if withdrawing less than one month but more than two weeks prior to a program's start date. No refunds will be made within two weeks of program's scheduled start date and/or after a program has begun.
- Questions? Email Education@RoundHouseTheatre.org or call 301.585.1225.